As a thriving, privately owned business, our team are the lifeblood of who we are. Therefore, a cultural fit will be essential. Our team are respectful, supportive, hands-on, and motivated by the exciting growth of Aje. You will be someone who thrives in fast pace and has a long-term career vision with the company.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Planning Manager to join Aje. Based at our new Sydney Head Office and reporting to the Head of Merchandising, this role will see you responsible for overseeing all aspects of inventory management to maximise sales and profit within the Aje business while also maintaining optimum stock levels and a healthy inventory age profile. You will facilitate the timely planning of inventory within the Aje business & relay findings of post season analysis to the wider business.
Working as the Planning Manager, your tasks will include:
- Creation and maintenance of MSSI by channel & category
- OTB creation and management
- Correctly phasing deliveries to achieve budgeted sales & optimum stock holdings
- Creating store grades by category, climate, price & styling
- Allocations for maximum profitability and sell though while maintaining store optimum inventory
- Analysing stock distribution – ensuring stores have the optimum product assortment, depth and size curves for maximum profitability and sell through
- Analysing warehouse stock holding & actioning appropriate allocations and activations
- Analysing store stock holding and initiating consolidations for maximum profitability and sell through
- Maintaining inventory health
- Creation of strategic promotions and markdowns
- Reporting on top line Sales Numbers, Weekly Trade Report, Monthly Report Pack, Post Season Analysis & Report, Monthly Store Feedback Report
- Executing markdowns, price changes & promotions
- Investigating and resolving inventory discrepancies
Your personal approach to your work:
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to clearly communicate reports and analysis
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal and presentation skills
- Self-motivation to think outside the box and develop creative/innovative solutions to drive online sales and customer satisfaction
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and ensure priorities are met and managed based on the importance and timeframe
- Ability to investigate discrepancies and resolutions
- Impeccable follow-up, attention to detail and organisation skills
- A flexible approach to adapt your ideas to the needs of the Brand and to the customer
- Initiative to learn new tasks and information.
Your past experience must include:
- 5+ years’ experience in inventory management: phasing, allocations, consolidations, markdowns, promotions
- Desirable: Previous knowledge and experience within the Retail industry and market trends
- Strong experience Reporting and Analysis.
- Experience building reports with no previous template or example.
- Advanced Excel skills with proven use of vlookup, pivot tables, formulas, price calculations, link files, creation of templates, etc
- Desirable: Mathematical skills
Connect with us, as we look forward to telling you more about life at Aje!