Over the last 11 years Aje has carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can.
Along with our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, untamed volume with structure and signature statement pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementing differences are what has allowed Aje to move with the motions of the retail landscape to become one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Category Product Developer to join Aje. Based at the new Sydney Head Office and reporting directly to the Design Room Manager you will be responsible for leading and driving the development process of Aje knitwear, cut and sew jersey, denim, leather and core product categories from the initial stages of concept through to collection ranging and production handover. You will lead material, supplier and technique sourcing in line with the creative and commercial brief, to ensure that each new seasonal creative direction is fulfilled, and Aje design and product standards are met for each piece.
As a Category Product Developer, your tasks will include:
- Fabric and trims sourcing and developments that meet design, quality, sustainability, price, margin targets and goals.
- Ensuring all development deadlines are met and in adherence with the critical path, prioritising workflow under the guidance of the Design room manager.
- Overseeing all the colour standards, prints and embroidery developments from initial stage through to production sign off.
- Creation of all tech packs, including cover sheets and BOMs and maintain accuracy throughout the development process until production sign off.
- Ensure all design, fit, trim, technical construction, finishings and reference information are clearly explained in the tech packs.
- Create and maintain the seasonal sampling tracker/costing spreadsheet and update cross functional teams on protos and SMS delivery dates.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the successful completion of CADs in adherence to the deadlines.
- Nurturing a respectful and positive relationship with Aje suppliers, while introducing new suppliers when required to improve profitability and growth/expansion into new product categories.
- Determining benchmark standards for construction techniques and quality, and ensure suppliers understand the standards required to produce for the brand
You will bring:
- 5 years’ experience specialising in development
- A proven track record working with offshore manufacturing and technical management of suppliers
- Highly proficiency in Excel
- Experience and extensive understanding of creating tech packs
- Strong technical knowledge of fit, pattern making and construction across woven and knitwear.
- Exceptional understanding and elevated eye for fabric and garment construction techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and technical communication skills with both internal and external stakeholder
- Ability to manage competing priorities and timelines and ensure deadlines are met in line with the critical path
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to react quickly to feedback and adjust planning accordingly
- Highly motivated individual with a passion for the brand and it’s future growth
- A strong understanding of the Aje customer groups, and the product elements and price points relevant to each group
- Proactive interest in keeping at the forefront of product innovation
We recognise the impact our team has on our success. To show our appreciation we want you to enjoy...
- Enticing salary packaging
- Your growth is our growth, training and development programs are recommended and encouraged!
- Stepping away from the traditional, Aje HQ is a sunlit space within Surry Hills that influences creative and collaborative thoughts. The awe will never diminish when looking at the curved arches, textured walls and open roof.
- Take advantage of the Sydney Sun with our Summer Friday Hours
- Celebrate milestones such as, Birthdays with Aje leave benefits
- Be a part of the change with increasing positive corporate responsibility, reflected through our Aje Aware Charter
- Be adored and recognised as no key achievement and success goes unnoticed!
- We appreciate our hard working teams however, a healthy work life balance is one in which we actively promote
- Embrace the Aje style with our generous employee discounts, pre-order programs, clothing allowances and regular sample sales
At Aje, diversity is a founding principle of the brand, taking inspiration from multicultural Australia throughout all visual communications since inception. We are committed to developing a culture and environment that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion by promoting diversity in all forms and creating a safe environment for all employees, applicants and customers.