Over the last 11 years Aje has carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can be.
Along with our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, untamed volume with structure and signature statement pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementing differences are what has allowed Aje to move with the motions of the retail landscape to become one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Retail Operations Manager to join Aje. Based at the new Sydney Head Office and reporting directly to the National Retail Manager, this role will see you responsible for supporting the Retail Projects Manager and the wider Retail function to complete duties that ensure stores operate efficiently, safely, profitably, collaboratively and effectively at all times.
As a Retail Operations Manager, your tasks will include:
- Liaising between boutiques and corporate office to achieve optimal operational efficiency
- Ensuring all policies and procedures have been implemented successfully at store level and ensures teams are compliant
- Creates inventory action plans by identifying risks, optimising inventory control and developing shrinkage reduction strategies
- Trains and supports store teams daily by troubleshooting, supporting with system compliance, transaction auditing and operational support
- Supports store teams to ensure all areas of the boutiques allow for operational efficiency and productivity
- Ensures the POS system is utilised effectively and efficiently by store teams facilitating regular training and coaching to up skill team members
- Supports the retail replenishment process to ensure the right stock is in the right location to maximise revenue opportunities
- Provides training to retail employees on Aje systems, new and existing policies and procedures implemented by Head Office
- Supports with the planning and execution of all retail conferences, events, staff training and retail employee engagement activities
- Ensures the upkeep of Aje boutiques by responding to and resolving store maintenance issues that arise
- General data entry and department administration to ensure seamless retail operations
You will bring:
- 2 years previous experience working as a store manager or in an operational role
- A strong understanding of the value seamless operations play in providing the best customer experience
- Passion for data, technology and understands system compliance
- Strong project management and cross-functional team work skills
- Flexible approach to all tasks to accommodate shifting timelines and priorities
- An excellent communicator with the ability to draft clear internal and external communications
- Proficiency in Vend, Humanforce and MS Office including excel and Adobe Suite is desirable but not essential
- A team player with a passion for collaboration providing above and beyond support to the team
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and sustain the curiosity necessary to deepen expertise across a range of product and customer types
We recognise the impact our team has on our success. To show our appreciation we want you to enjoy..
- Enticing salary packaging
- Your growth is our growth, training and development programs are recommended and encouraged!
- Stepping away from the traditional, Aje HQ is a sunlit space within Surry Hills that influences creative and collaborative thoughts. The awe will never diminish when looking at the curved arches, textured walls and open roof.
- Take advantage of the Sydney Sun with our Summer Friday Hours
- Celebrate milestones such as Birthdays with Aje leave benefits
- Be a part of the change with increasing positive corporate responsibility, reflected through our Aje Aware Charter
- Be adored and recognised as no key achievement and success goes unnoticed!
- We appreciate our hard working teams however, a healthy work life balance is one in which we actively promote
- Embrace the Aje style with our generous employee discounts, pre-order programs, clothing allowances and regular sample sales
At Aje, diversity is a founding principle of the brand, taking inspiration from multicultural Australia throughout all visual communications since inception. We are committed to developing a culture and environment that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion by promoting diversity in all forms and creating a safe environment for all employees, applicants and customers