Over the last 11 years Aje has carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can.
Along with our incredible team, our brand has an intrinsic sense of duality, balancing toughness with femininity, untamed volume with structure and signature statement pieces alongside effortless essentials. These complementing differences are what has allowed Aje to move with the motions of the retail landscape to become one of Australia’s most influential fashion houses.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Area & VM Manager to join Aje. Based in Brisbane and reporting directly to the National Retail & VM Manager, you will lead and inspire your team to achieve their sales goals and KPIS through developing exceptional customer service and operational standards and curating beautiful shopping spaces for the Aje customers to enjoy. By finding the right candidates for the region, providing regular training, and creating engaging tools to motivate the team, you create positive working relationships and drive results for the region.
Aje's Area & VM Manager role has intentionally been designed to span a smaller group of stores, but offer a wider scope of influence. This ensures you are empowered to lead on every facet of performance for your region and spend quality time with your stores to amplify their results.
As a Area & VM Manager, your tasks will include:
- Curate a culture of engagement, energy and excitement for the Aje brand and it's values and strategies
- Champion exceptional customer experience, through leading by example and coaching your team on best practise, including championing customer-led omni channel solutions.
- Create region specific focuses and performance strategies to consistently meet your monthly and quarterly objectives
- Recruit and onboard new Aje family members, ensuring they are set up for success
- Creates and deliver engaging tools and training to help team reach their KPIS
- Provide support to all team members through a consistent leadership and performance management style
- Build, develop and implement people strategies to support team development and retention
- Oversees the implementation of all Visual Merchandising direction to timeframe and standard
- Uses sales analysis and reports to make create optimised and commercial shopping spaces.
- Spending time on the sales floor, coaching and creating feedback loops to actively grow the stores and teams in your region
- Identifying opportunities for improvement with a solution focus and provides constructive feedback to the National Retail Manager, VM Manager and Operations Manager
- Extend your support to other trading formats, including but not limited to David Jones locations, events and warehouse sales
You will bring:
- At least 3+ years retail experience as an Area Manager, preferably in a high growth, people-led company
- Demonstrated multi-site leadership experience in a fast-paced, retail, environment
- A desire to play an active and hands-on role to inspire and lead your team
- Proven track record in supporting others to exceed and meet sales targets and retail KPIs
- A passion for Visual Merchandising and brand standards, with exceptional attention to detail
- Thorough understanding of performance management processes
- Ability to coach and develop a diverse team, shifting approaches to best suit each individual
- A clear and consistent communication style, both written and verbal
- Experience in understanding and communicating reports such as daily, weekly and monthly information on store performance and other operational activity
- Strong initiative and decision-making skills to actively increase sales, brand awareness and retention when on the shop floor
- Knowledge and passion for the Aje brand and its values
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Current and unrestricted driver’s licence and willingness to reasonably travel as directed
- Awareness of the industry retail calendar and your expectation to lead during peak trade periods
We recognise the impact our team has on our success. To show our appreciation we want you to enjoy..
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Your growth is our growth - this means bespoke development plans and access to strong mentors and industry leaders who currently form our HQ support team
- Regular retail conferences, workshops to set you up for success for the season ahead
- Celebrate milestones such as, Birthdays with Aje leave benefits
- Be a part of the change with increasing positive corporate responsibility, reflected through our Aje Aware Charter
- Be adored and recognised as no key achievement and success goes unnoticed
- Embrace the Aje style with our generous employee discounts, pre-order programs and clothing allowances.
Connect with us as we look forward to telling you more about life at Aje!
At Aje, diversity is a founding principle of the brand, taking inspiration from multicultural Australia throughout all visual communications since inception. We are committed to developing a culture and environment that celebrates diversity, equality and inclusion by promoting diversity in all forms and creating a safe environment for all employees, applicants and customers.